Building the right leadership capability to drive business performance is a key issue facing organisations today. A changing competitive landscape, rapid advances in technology and an ever-increasing need for innovation all point to a shift in the demands on leaders.
Whether there is a need to be strategically agile, more flexible or to foster collaboration, individuals need to know the extent to which they are effective in their roles.
A powerful way to ensure people align with organizational leadership needs and realize their full potential is through 360-Degree feedback and coaching.
Done well, participants are driven toward self-awareness and self-improvement in line with business goals and personal career aspirations.
Best practice 360-Degree feedback is instrumental in developing leadership capability because it:
- Raises the self-awareness of the participants
- Stimulates self-improvement for job and career success
- Provides knowledge about what choices are best suited to individuals’ personal development
- Creates a climate for honest development conversations
- Identifies those who are serious and intentional about their development
- Helps teams learn to work more effectively together
- Determines common development needs across the team
The insight gained from 360-degree feedback must be converted into action to create positive change. Self-monitoring on the leadership development journey is rarely sufficient and coaching can be used to sustain the effort by setting goals, agreeing on milestones, and celebrating achievements.